Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Berry Almond Flour Muffins

Well since I guess I'm on an almond flour kick, here is another delicious recipe. Love these things for breakfast! Lots of protein from the almond flour plus you're getting your fruit from the berries. Gotta love it.


Mmmm. These things turn out so moist!



Berry Almond Flour Muffins


  • 2 1/2 cups almond flour
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
  • Dash or two of salt
  • 1 tablespoon. vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice (about a half of a lemon)
  • 1 cup blueberries, raspberries, any kind of berry! Fresh or frozen

Mix together all ingredients except berries. Once everything is well moistened, fold in berries gently. Scoop into lined muffin tins, or oil them, whichever you prefer. Bake at 350*F for 20-25 minutes. Makes about 12 regular muffins.

**For added nutrition, substitute 1/2 cup of the almond flour for 1/2 cup of ground flaxseeds. 


My ground almond flour. I generally end up with some chunks of almonds that
just don't want to grind. I figure a little texture is okay. :) 


So those perfect little blueberries in there...James and I picked
them this summer in Northern Minnesota. They are the 
most delicious berries I've ever tasted. Talk about organic! Nothing
like wild berries...



Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! Can I come over and have some? Next on my to-do list is figure out how to grind almond flour. I don't think it would work to use your Dad's coffee grinder, since he uses it every morning to grind coffee beans. Would a blender work? Or would I end up with almond paste?

    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use a coffee grinder that is just for my very own use! :) You should ask Dad to get you one for Christmas. Haha. Actually, I think your blender would work just fine. Mine just doesn't have sharp enough blades. Just keep an eye on it because if you blend TOO long, you're right, you could make almond paste or almond butter!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)