Monday, October 29, 2012

Chicken Tortilla Soup

I think this is my new favorite soup, it's pretty delicious. And really easy to make. My compliments to my friend Rachel who gave me this recipe. She claims she hates cooking and yet comes up with some of the best recipes. Amazing. 


Chicken Tortilla Soup
Click here to print

  • 1 onion, minced
  • 5 garlic cloves, minced
  • 6 cups chicken broth
  • 2- 15 oz cans diced tomatoes
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 2 teaspoons cumin
  • garlic powder, paprika, celery seed, cayenne to taste
  • 1 1/2 pounds cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
  • 4 tablespoons arrowroot powder or cornstarch
  • 1/4 cup water
  • Grated cheese, minced fresh cilantro, tortilla chips



1) In a large pot mix together the onion, garlic, broth, tomatoes and spices. Bring to a boil.
2) Add in the chicken. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer until chicken is heated through.
3) Combine arrowroot and water. Gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
4) Serve with grated cheese, fresh cilantro and chips.



Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)