Saturday, October 6, 2012

Cinnamon Bread


Here is a recipe that I started making when I was eating no wheat or white sugar. James and I both love this stuff so much that I still make it quite often. It's a super moist bread and perfect for breakfast with all that protein from the almonds! 

I grind raw almonds in a coffee grinder to make my own almond flour...or you can buy it pre-ground. But I don't think that's nearly as healthy because the kind I've found uses skinless almonds which is unfortunate since a lot of the nutrients are found in the skin. Especially the fiber.

Cinnamon Bread:
Print recipe here

  • 2 1/2 cups almond flour
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup yogurt
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup honey
  • 2 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 2/3 cup flaxseed flour (I also grind these fresh in my coffee grinder)
  • ½ cup Chocolate chips (optional)

1) Preheat oven to 350*F.
2) Mix everything together in a large bowl.
3) Pour the batter into a buttered 9X5 loaf pan.
4) Bake for about 45 minutes or till a toothpick comes out clean.
5) Allow the bread to cool completely before removing from the pan.
6) I store mine in the fridge.

Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!


2 comments:

  1. How many almonds does it take to get 2-1/2 cups of flour?

    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually almost cup for cup. I just measured it and it took just over 2 cups of almonds to get the 2 1/2 cups.

      Delete

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)