Tuesday, October 9, 2012

For my Chai


I think by now you realize one thing...I really like my Chai! I gave you two recipes for how to make homemade Chai, (Green Mist Chai and Mystic Chai) but here are 3 ways I personally drink mine. You choose hot or cold!

#1 Classic) Add a splash of milk and a little pinch of stevia or honey. Yum!

#2 Naughty) Add a splash of milk, a pinch of stevia or honey and several coffee cubes. Oh boy.

#3 Exotic) Add a splash of coconut milk and a pinch of stevia or honey. Mmm. 




Coffee cubes are awesome! I try not to drink too much coffee, but once in awhile I indulge. And then there's a good ol' chai latte MY way. Basically I freeze leftover brewed coffee in an ice cube tray and store in a plastic bag for when I want a super yummy treat! 



My latest chai addition, coconut milk, is amazing! And I don't usually like coconut. So here's the scoop. Coconut milk/oil/water all have some really healthy nutrients in them. I prefer to get as many of my vitamins and minerals through my diet as possible instead of through supplementing, although I do supplement in certain areas. But, I'm getting off topic. Basically, coconut milk is really yummy in chai tea AND it has some really important nutrients. Specifically electrolytes.

Here's what I've found. In one cup of coconut milk you will find: 

36 mg of Sodium (electrolyte)
631 mg of Potassium (electrolyte)
38 mg of Calcium (electrolyte)
89 mg of Magnesium (electrolyte)
240 mg of Phosphorus (electrolyte)
626 mg of Omega 6
3.93 mg of Iron

Those are just some of the good things in coconut milk. Now I realize it's high in fat, but I personally believe some fat is necessary and healthy. So go ahead...add that splash of coconut milk and feel the health in your body! 


Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!

2 comments:

  1. Coconut milk??? Where and what kind do you get? Is this a healthy alternative to processed cow's milk? I'm so intrigued!!! AND I LOVE YOUR WEBSITE!!! Beautifully written, so many topics of interest to me, and such wonderful creative ideas!!! You are amazing!

    :-) Sister Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well thanks! I just happened to have some leftover from that Pumpkin Drink/nog/stuff and tried it in here! You can get it at the grocery store in the ethnic aisle by the Asian food. I just buy whatever brand they have. I don't think it's something you can drink that much of...it's really rich and it does have a lot of fat in it, albeit the good kind. I'm personally trying to drink more almond milk instead of cow's milk. BUT only in smoothies and cooking so I can't taste it. :) I think you need a goat. Jk.

      Delete

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)