Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Green Mist Chai: Green Tea


Another chai recipe for you to experiment with! This is my most recent version that I created, because I found out that black tea is acidic whereas green tea is not...and since I'm attempting to balance the acidity in my body...I switched to green tea. 

Green Mist Chai

6 Tbs. green tea 
30 cardamom pods
3 cinnamon sticks
3 tsp. pink peppercorn
3 Tbs. dried orange peel
2 whole nutmeg
2 tsp. whole cloves
2 tsp. dried ginger root


Here they all are...aren't they just beautiful?? From the top going clockwise we have the pink peppercorn, cardamom pods, cloves, ginger root, orange peel, cinnamon sticks and nutmeg in the middle.




Measure out the green tea in a bowl. Then you are going to lightly crack open the cardamom pods using a mortar and pestle. Dump those into the green tea.

Then crush the cinnamon sticks, and finally the nutmeg. Refer to my original chai recipe for more detailed pictures.

Mix in the remaining ingredients and wallah! You have a lovely mix of chai tea.




To make ICED CHAI:

I use a quart mason jar, put in 1 rounded Tablespoon of the chai, add hot water and let sit on the counter for several hours, or overnight. Or you can leave it in the fridge till you are ready to drink it. Whatever works for you! Then using a handheld strainer I just pour the chai right from the mason jar into my glass. (That's when I put the rest of the chai back in the fridge.) I use a touch of stevia or honey to sweeten it, a dash of milk and ice cubes! 


To make HOT CHAI:

Use a handheld strainer and place over a coffee mug. Dump in one heaping teaspoon of the chai (more if you like it really strong...) pour boiling water over the top and allow it to steep for a few minutes. Remove strainer, discard the chai, sweeten and add a splash of milk! Mmmm mmmm goooooood!

Keep in mind that since these are "hard" spices, you can re-use them at least once. Definitely a money-saver. 

Here are some different way I drink my Chai. 


~~~~~
Bethany :)
~~~~~

2 comments:

  1. Is this the one that you gave us all at Christmas time?? That was good. Thanks for sharing.

    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, that one had black tea instead of green. I am posting that one today, though.

      Delete

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)