Sunday, November 11, 2012

Almond

Prunis dulcis


Properties:

  • High in:
    •  Protein
    •  Fiber
    • Vitamin E
  • Good source of:
    •  Zinc
    •  Potassium
    •  Iron
    •  B vitamins
    •  Magnesium
    •  Calcium 
    • Manganese
  • High in the "good fats"

Helps With:

Almonds help with digestion.

Known for their help in reducing the "bad" cholesterol.

Almonds fill you up with healthy fats and can thus help reduce weight and maintain weight.

Almonds help to lower blood pressure.

Good for overall health! One ounce of raw, whole almonds (equal to roughly 1/4 cup) contain the following:

  • 6 grams of complete protein (slightly more than an egg)
  • 3-4 grams of fiber
  • 40% of your daily Vitamin E
  • 6% of Zinc
  • 210 mg of Potassium
  • 1.1 mg or 6% of your daily intake of Iron
  • 17% of Riboflavin (B2)
  • 75 mg or about 7% of your daily Calcium
  • 32% of your daily Manganese


Getting More Almond:

Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)