Thursday, November 8, 2012

Coconut Salt Scrub/Shaving Cream


This stuff is totally amazing! It not only works as an exfoliant, but also doubles as a shaving cream! Before this creation of deliciousness, shaving was not super pleasant for me. I have really sensitive skin and no matter how careful I was, I would end up with at least one cut from my razor plus the nasty aftermath of razor burn and bumps. Ew! Thanks to my new routine of shaving my skin stays nice and in tact!

The recipe is:

1 1/4 cups salt
1/2 cup coconut oil
10-15 drops of lemon or lime essential oil (optional...but it's awesome...) 

Mix it all up and store in a glass jar! It tends to work a little better if you melt the coconut oil first. Just gives everything a smoother more even consistency. 

Here's my shaving routine so I get a smooth shave...

1) After soaking in the shower for a few minutes I use a natural loofah sponge and gently scrub my whole body. This removes any dead skin. Technically I believe it's better to "dry exfoliate" but I don't care for that method. It hurts me. Haha. Maybe I need a different scrubber for that...

2) Right after the loofah I turn the water off, and scrub my skin gently with the coconut scrub. It goes farther than you'd think. I tend to use too much...

3) Turn the water back on and quickly rinse your body so just the salt sloughs off. Then I turn the water back off and shave. 

4) Rinse any gunk off and you're done! The coconut oil acts as an amazing shaving cream and gives a super close shave AND leaves your skin so soft.

That's pretty much it! After showering I always put on my Calendula Oil which also helps with no razor burn, PLUS it's my preventive care for stretch marks and cellulite. 

*The bonus of adding in the lemon or lime essential oils help fight against cellulite. :)

Oh, and because coconut oil is expensive, I'm not gonna lie...I use a cheaper brand for beauty products. I found a cheap brand at Walmart for under $6 for a big jar. I know it's not pure, but I figure it's so much better than lots of things I could put on my skin...compromises must be made at times!

Alternatively you could use sugar instead of salt...but I personally prefer salt. Sugar seems sticky to me. I just, again, use the cheap-o salt for this recipe. 

Enjoy your sexy smooth legs! :)

Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)