Thursday, November 22, 2012

I Love Herbs

So...I have this problem...I love buying all things herbs and spices! And experimenting with them...so I made this big 'ol purchase from bulkherbstore.com and boy was it like Christmas getting that huge box!!! 



I had to buy the huge mason jars to store some of them in. Eeek! I love it! Check out all those awesome babies! The reason I bought all these herbs is to make tinctures. After my hugely successful elderberry extract, I now want to make other tinctures. The 4 I have brewing currently are a female tincture for myself, a male tincture for James, a tincture for stress and one for coldsores. I will be researching in depth the various herbs I purchased and writing about them. Hopefully I can get all those researched and written up by the time the tinctures are ready (takes 6 weeks) so I can then share with you how they turn out! 


~~~~~
Bethany :)
~~~~~

2 comments:

  1. Goodness, that is a lot of herbs! Looks like you wrote this nearly a year ago. How is the stash holding out? What would be your six (random number I picked) of your must-have herbs if a person was to say, place an order at said herb store? I'm thinking elderberries to start, although I guess that's not technically an herb. So, what other 5?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, well that's a near impossible question for me! I love 'em all! :) Jk. Are we talking strictly herbs or spices? Both? I plan on doing some type of series on my favorite herbs and spices, but off the top of my head I guess I would say for sure elderberries, nettle leaf, ginger root (pieces not powder), Rose Hips, Passionflower, Cinnamon sticks. Yea, that's totally random. Mostly I use those ones in either my chai tea or my tinctures which is why they are some of my favorites. So it totally depends on what you want to use them for! Oh and most of those herbs are mostly gone...I had to re-order and I'm running a little low again... :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)