Thursday, November 8, 2012

Pumpkin Bread

My hubby is pretty fond of all things pumpkin...especially pumpkin pie, pumpkin scones, this pumpkin bread...

It is pretty tasty...and very moist! 

Ingredients:
Print recipe here

  • 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice 
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar (or sucanat) 
  • 2 cups pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon ginger
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 3/4 teaspoon cloves 


Crumb Topping:


  • 1/2 cup softened butter, 
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar 
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 cup oats 
  • 1 Tbs. cinnamon


Directions:

Whisk the milk and lemon juice together until bubbly. Set aside. Mix together the rest of the wet ingredients. Then add the dry ingredients. Once they are combined add in the milk/lemon juice mixture. Pour into a greased and floured bread pan. Mix together the crumb topping mixture and place on top. Cover with tin foil and bake for 45 minutes at 350*. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes or till a knife comes out clean. But don't overbake! Let it cool slightly before removing from pan. I usually store my in the fridge. Delish!



Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)