Friday, December 7, 2012

New Favorite Smoothie Recipe

I seem to go in spurts with this whole smoothie thing. I wish I could just be happy drinking them every morning for breakfast. However, I get bored of them, and revert back to other breakfast options. My other issue with smoothies is they don't fill me up for long!!!! They are great for about 2 hours but then I need a snack. To fix that problem, I keep a bag of almonds and raisins at work. That way I get a bunch of protein about halfway through my morning. Okay. Enough about me and my boring eating habits. :)

This stuff is delicious! I have made some pretty nasty smoothies in my time...trying to "hide" the healthy stuff. But let me tell you...not much hiding has to be done here! ALMOST like a Jumba Juice. Almost. Still not quite...but good enough. :)

Smoothie Recipe
  • Handful of kale or spinach (do it! I promise you'll never know...)
  • Spoonful of a "greens" mix (optional...but extra healthy!)
  • Frozen fruit. My favorite combo is blueberry and then a mix of tropical fruit I get at Sam's Club.
  • Chia seeds...about 1-2 tsp. Again...optional, but these are super high in omega's
  • Frozen orange juice concentrate (THIS is the secret ingredient) I put 1-2 spoonfuls in
  • Coconut water...optional but adds a bunch of nutrients. I put about 1/2 cup in...you can put more in, but it's a bit expensive.
  • Water--if you're not using coconut water.
Mix 'er all up in the blender and drink up people! Talk about a super duper healthy start to your morning. Love. It.



Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!


2 comments:

  1. Question for you, since no one else seems to comment here, I have my own little forum, lol.
    Actually, 2 questions. Chia seeds -- I have some, but am not totally sold on exactly HOW great they are. You say super high in Omegas -- what kind is that, and how much really? (Honest question since I don't know.) And #2, my suggestion to help with the "keeping you filled up" problem is to add a high-quality protein powder (do it! I promise you'll never know...)

    ~Guess who

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chia seeds...I will do a post just for you from the chia seed hopefully soon. :) AND....I actually WAS putting protein powder in it for a long time...you're not gonna like this, but it didn't fill me up! And I put a ton in. And then I ran out of it. And I didn't buy more. Bad me. But I might. So yes. I actually meant to put that in the recipe that you certainly can add protein powder for an even bigger boost...but as far as the filling me up, I was still always hungry 2 hours later. I must just be weird.

      Delete

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)