Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Balsamic Italian Salad Dressing

The point of a salad is to be healthy, right? Then why are so many salad dressings bad for you?! Mmm, but I found a delicious salad dressing recipe that is super healthy! A little goes a long way...you've been warned. :)


Balsamic Italian Salad Dressing
Print recipe here


  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon basil
  • 1 teaspoon  ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon good quality salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder

Mix 'er all up and it's ready! I do find that it's even better if you let it "infuse" for a day or two before using for the first time. Of course, you'll have to shake it before each use. I found this cute little bottle at the dollar store to keep mine in. At first it was in a pint mason jar...but the presentation wasn't much to brag about. Haha. 




Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!


4 comments:

  1. You found that bottle at the Dollar Store?? Lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to make more lower calorie, good-for-you dressings. Think I'll start with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first time I made this it seemed a bit too tangy for us. This time I changed the oil/vinegar ratio. Used 1/3 C. Balsamic vinegar and 2/3 C. olive oil. We seemed to like this better. I love this recipe because of the herbs in it, as opposed to many others I've seen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the beauty of it...adjust at will! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)