Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Black Pepper Beef and Cabbage Stir Fry

This is surprisingly good. At least I like it. Haven't fed it to my hubby yet. He's not a fan of cabbage. But then, I didn't think I was either. I used to eat this alot when I was single and poor. You can really stretch the hamburger if you have to in this recipe! :)

Black Pepper Beef & Cabbage Stir Fry

  • 2 Tbs. oil
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 lb ground beef
  • 1/2 head cabbage, shredded
  • 1 red pepper, cut in strips
  • 2 Tbs. soy sauce
  • 2 tsp. cornstarch
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tsp. black pepper

1) Saute the garlic briefly along with the oil in a large skillet.
2) Add the ground beef and cook until the beef is browned.
3) Stir in the shredded cabbage and red pepper. Cook until tender.
4) Mix together  the water and cornstarch, pour over the beef and cabbage along with the soy sauce.
5)  Season with black pepper. Simmer until sauce has thickened.

6) Serve over rice or quinoa if desired.



Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!



1 comment:

  1. Made this tonight. Your father rated it "the best!"

    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)