Friday, January 11, 2013

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (Healthy-ER)



So on this cold wintery day I decided the best thing one can do is to make candles, light candles, and make cookies. This A) is productive B) heats the house up and C) makes it cozy for hubby to come home to. :) I nailed it, man! James came in, grabbed a cookie, plopped himself down and said, "Boy! It's cozy in here!" Haha...I didn't even prompt him. 

Oh...AND...he super duper liked these cookies. I honestly was a little shocked because there are a few "hidden" ingredients in here to make them a tad healthier. Oh how I love it when I can fool him. :)

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

3/4 cup sugar (I used organic)
3/4 cup Sucanat (or brown sugar)
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1 Tbs. vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup almond flour
1 cup oatmeal
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup chocolate chips

With an electric mixer, whip together the sugars, butter and coconut oil till fluffy. Add in the vanilla extract and eggs. Beat again until fluffy. Add in the flour, almond flour, oatmeal, baking soda and salt. Mix until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Plop onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350* for 8-10 minutes or until a light golden brown. Allow to cool just slightly before removing from pan.



I know these still aren't "super" healthy because of the sugar...but I feel so much better making these than the regular version because at least you are getting some protein and some HEALTHY fats. That's my rationale. :)



Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)