Sunday, January 13, 2013

Crispy Chicken with Cauliflower

This is one of two recipes I make which contain cauliflower that my husband will actually eat...and enjoy. I have to say that I'm pretty proud of myself for getting the man to eat cauliflower. :) 

Crispy Chicken with Cauliflower
Click Here to Print

About 4 chicken breasts, thawed and cut into chunks
3/4 cup flour
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. pepper
oil for frying
1 head of cauliflower, chunked
1/4-3/4 tsp. cayenne (depending how spicy you like things...)
1 Tbs. lime juice
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped

Heat a bit of olive oil in a frying pan. Meanwhile, combine the flour, salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Rinse the chicken in water and coat with the flour mixture. Fry chicken in oil until crispy. Transfer chicken to a baking dish, nestle cauliflower in. Mix the cayenne with a little bit of olive oil. Drizzle over the chicken and cauliflower. Bake at 450 for 20-25 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Squeeze the lime juice over the top of the chicken and cauliflower. Serve with fresh cilantro.

*Sometimes we eat this as is, other times served over rice. Depends on the mood I'm in. 

**Other option for coating with cayenne: in a small dish combine about 1-2 Tbs. of olive oil with the cayenne. Place the cauliflower in a large bowl and drizzle over the top. Mix well. THEN add it to the chicken. 

***Optional cooking technique: Fry the chicken in a cast iron pot or skillet. Add the cauliflower directly to the cast iron pot when it's done frying. Put that directly into the oven instead of dirty-ing another dish! Just tried this tonight with the new cast iron my hubby got me. LOVE IT!

Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!





1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome recipe -- especially when fixed by Bethany herself. :) yumyum

    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)