Sunday, January 13, 2013

Detox Bath


Yea...those days when ya just feel like blech and all those colds are going around and you just need some downtime...THIS is for that kind of day. I've done this detox bath a few times and I love it. Very relaxing. Can't say as if I've ever felt miraculously cured from anything, but it sure can't hurt! And honestly I do feel more "at ease" after this bath. 

 Things to remember:

  • Make sure to drink water during the bath! Otherwise you can dehydrate yourself and get a nice blood rush when you get out. 
  • Take it easy...don't start with boiling hot water. I promise you will heat up soon enough.
  • Just relax and let it all go. That's part of the detoxing :)
  • Soak for at least 20 minutes. 40 is better I hear. But that's a little torturous for me some days. :) Listen to your body and get out when you feel its time. 

Detox Bath Ingredients:

2 cups epsom salt
2 cups baking soda
1 Tbs. ground ginger
10-15 drop eucalyptus oil (or lavender or tea tree) 

Dump everything in your bath, swirl it around, get in and start detoxing! I would highly recommend reading this little article first before taking your first detox bath. Has a few good tips. 

Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)