Thursday, January 24, 2013

Guacamole

Here is another favorite "dip". I started adding my super secret ingredient when we lived in Minnesota for the summer...I will tell you more at the end to make this super suspenseful. Haha!

Guacamole

1 avocado
a little squirt of lime juice (or lemon)
a little blob of salsa
a sprinkle of garlic granules
a few dashes of salt
and for the secret ingredient...CILANTRO! (I use about 1/4 of a bunch)

Mash the avocado, stir in the lime juice, salsa, garlic and salt. Chop up the cilantro and fold that in last. This stuff is pretty amazing. Especially if you get really fresh flavorful cilantro. It's the kicker. Personally I add alot, but add however much you think tastes good.

So why did I start adding cilantro you ask. I just know you are dying to know why!!! Well you see, we were eating a lot of fish this summer and weren't sure of how problematic the heavy metal situation was...so I researched it and discovered that cilantro helps to pull heavy metals out of your system! How crazy cool is that?! So now whenever we have fish I make sure to whip up a batch of this guacamole "just in case". :)




Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! Yes, this is the most awesome guacamole recipe ever, in case anyone wants a second opinion. :) Love the cilantro flavor.

    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)