Sunday, January 13, 2013

Jojoba Oil

External Uses:

  • Contains proteins and minerals to nourish the skin
  • Is actually a wax that mimics collagen**
  • Antimicrobial
  • Antiinflammatory
  • Soothing and healing
  • Penetrates the skin very readily
  • Soothes psoriasis and eczema
  • Since it is a wax it does not become rancid (long shelf life)
  • Softens and moisturizes
  • Very beneficial for hair care (natural hair wax, anyone?)

**According to ehow collagen is:
Collagen is a protein that gives our skin its structure. It also gives skin its appearance of smoothness and youth. Collagen works like netting that holds skin cells together. Collagen is continually produced in the body, but as we get older that production begins to slow down. As production slows and the collagen net begins to break down, the skin is one of the first areas we notice it in, with wrinkles and other signs of aging. There are steps we can take, however, to preven collagen breakdown and to help the body rebuild new collagen.


Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)