Friday, January 4, 2013

Lemon Balm

Melissa officinalis

Properties:

  • Relaxant/sedative
  • Antispasmodic
  • Increases sweating
  • Carminative
  • Antiviral
  • Nerve Tonic
  • Antibacterial
  • Antioxidant

Helps With:

Calms the central nervous system which helps with anxiety, mild depression, irritability and stress.

The antiviral property has been found to specifically relieve and reduce coldsore outbreaks. 

Increases sweating which is helpful during a fever to eliminate the toxins in the body. 

Helps over anxiety which helps relieve indigestion, nausea and bloating.

The antispasmodic property can help to ease menstrual cramping..

The mild sedative action is useful for insomnia especially when combined with valerian.

As a carminative, lemon balm helps to prevent gas.

Hyperactivity in children can be calmed with lemon balm due to its relaxing and sedative properties. 

Getting More Lemon Balm:

  • Make it into a tea. I like to drink this before bed.
  • I add lemon balm to my stress tincture
  • I also make it into an infused oil to apply to coldsores

Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)