Thursday, January 24, 2013

Lemon Blueberry Muffins

I love lemons. I love blueberries. I needed a breakfast food for the week. And I had both! Guess what I created?? Oh my goodness...Lemon Blueberry Muffins! :) 


Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Print recipe here

1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup flaxseed flour (I grind my own in a coffee grinder)
1/2 cup almond flour (I also grind this in a coffee grinder)
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup yogurt
1 egg
1-2 Tbs. lemon peel (fresh!)
1/3 cup butter
1-2 Tbs. lemon juice (fresh!)
1 Tbs. vanilla extract
1 cup blueberries

Topping:
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar

In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients. Set aside and in a smaller bowl mix all the wet ingredients together minus the blueberries. Fold the wet mixture into the dry. Add in the blueberries and mix till combined. Spoon into prepared muffin tins. (Liners or greased) fill cups 2/3 full. Bake at 400* for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. 

Meanwhile: Over medium heat cook the lemon juice and sugar together until dissolved. Once the muffins are done and slightly cooled, poke a few holes in the muffins and spoon the lemon mixture on top. 

Mmm mmm gooooood! So lemony. I love it. Hope you do to! :)


Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)