Sunday, January 13, 2013

What is a Carrier Oil?


Carrier oils, or base oils, are the oils in which you dilute essential oils in. Essential oils are too potent (for the most part...) to apply directly to your skin and so you must have a "carrier" for them. 

I say for the most part because in certain instances SOME oils can be applied directly to your skin. Oils such as Lavender and Tea Tree. Those are honestly the only two that I would apply undiluted. Otherwise, you may get a rash, or turn bright red or possibly worse...these things are potent so treat with respect! 

The carrier oils, like essential oils all have their own unique features. Some are suited better for certain skin types. Some soak in to the skin better, some are more nutritious for the skin. I would recommend researching the carrier before using it to make sure it is the best one for the job you are trying to accomplish. I will do a brief overview of the main ones to get you started. 



Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)