Saturday, February 16, 2013

Butterscotch Bars

Here ya go, Mumsy Dear!! Took me long enough...but here is a no chocolate dessert recipe for you. They're a pretty tasty mid-afternoon snack, as well. Maybe not SOOO healthy...but oh well. Sometimes ya gotta live a little...

Butterscotch Bars


1 cup butter, melted
1 cup sucanat
2 eggs
1 Tbs. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour

Stir melted butter and sucanat together. Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well. Stir in flour and mix until well combined. Pour batter into an 8x8 pan (9x13 if you don't like thick bars). Bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes.

**The original recipe called for 1 3/4 cup sucanat and 1 tsp. vanilla, but I find that 1 cup sucanat is just fine. And I feel much better about eating them! Add more if you want it to be really butterscotch-y! Original recipe can be found here.


Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!





1 comment:

  1. Well, thank you, Bethany dear. :) These sound heavenly. Gonna have to go look into that Sucanat stuff, though -- don't have any. Something else new to explore.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)