Sunday, February 17, 2013

Cold Sore Infused Oil

This oil is proving to be very effective in giving relief to cold sores...there have been a few times when I feel that "tingly" sensation and immediately apply this oil...along with taking my elderberry extract of course! By doing this I've stopped a cold sore in its tracks several times. Pretty big deal for me! I also started making my own lemon balm capsules and keeping those in my purse for when I'm out and can't get to my elderberry extract. Definitely a powerful herb.

Cold Sore Infused Oil:

1 C. Olive Oil
1/2 C. dried Lemon Balm

My two favorite ways to infuse oil:

Sun method:

Combine the lemon balm and olive oil in a glass jar. Covere tightly. Leave it to sit out in the sun for several weeks (two is generally good) shaking it up every now and then. Strain off the herb, reserving the oil in a small container.

Stove top method:

If you need it immediately, then simmer the olive oil and lemon balm over very low heat for 30-45 min. (You want it just warm, not even to bubble a little. That can kill the health benefits we are extracting.)

Leave it to sit in the pan until cool. 

Strain off the herb, reserving the oil in a small container. 

Once your oil is infused add the following essential oils:

20 drops lemon (antiviral)
15 drops clove (analgesic, antiseptic, cicatrisant)
15 drops tea tree (antiviral, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, cicatrisant)

Apply to your lips like a liquid chapstick. I carry a little bottle of this in my purse at all times. Love it! :) Just make sure to either wash your hands after applying or use a q-tip so you don't spread the germs!!

Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)