Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Stress Tincture

This tincture was created to help on those days when life just gets to you...and also to help with insomnia. 

What I've found from this tincture is...it really does seem to calm me down when I'm frazzled. It also has seemed to help with my headaches. (If I take it at first sign.) And if I take it early afternoon it does help with sleeping through the night. Although oddly I've discovered if I take it in the evening it keeps me up...James does not seem to have that issue. So it must just depend on the person. If you make this tincture I'm curious how it helps you. It seems to have several benefits! :) Ah, good ol' herbs.

Click here for Tincture Making 101. And for information on how I make my tinctures click here.

1/2 cup st. john's wort
1/3 cup eleuthero root
1/4 cup ginkgo biloba
1/3 cup lemongrass
1/2 cup passion flower
1/4 cup milk thistle
1/3 cup lemon balm

Basic concept as before: place in a quart sized jar, fill with vodka, let it sit for 2-6 weeks, strain off and use! I generally take about 1-2 teaspoons in a small glass of water when I'm feeling stressed. 


I order all of my bulk herbs from here:

Great selection of bulk herbs, books, and remedies. Articles, Research Aids and much more.

A little about why these herbs are included:

  • St John's Wort
    • Anti-depressant
    • Anti-viral
    • Sedative
    • Anti-spasmodic
    • Pain reliever
    • Helps insomnia
    • Anti-inflammatory
  • Eleuthero Root
    • Levels hormones
    • Helps fatigue
    • Relieves stress
    • Immune booster
    • Adaptogen
    • General tonic for the body
  • Ginkgo
    • Boosts brain function
    • Increases circulation to the brain
    • Anti-inflammatory
  • Lemongrass
    • Sedative
    • Analgesic
    • Helps with anxiety
    • Insomnia
    • Encourages digestion
  • Passion Flower
    • Sedative
    • Relieves anxiety
    • Relaxant, relieves tension
    • Can help with some types of headaches
    • Anti-spasmodic
  • Milk Thistle
    • Heals and protects the liver
    • Anti-depressant
  • Lemon Balm
    • Relaxant, reduces anxiety
    • Insomnia
    • Depression, melancholy, irritability
    • Migraines
    • Anti-viral
    • Digestive issues

Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)