Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My Hope-To-Gather-List

Foraging for wild blueberries in 2011 on our first anniversary. The "official" blueberry hill...we were in Maine and stayed in the B & B where "Blueberries For Sal" was written. :)

Just in case I lose focus and forget what I'm doing...I'm putting together a list of all the wild foods I hope to gather this summer. At least it will get me started and then hopefully they will all get gathered and not forgotten!!!
This is not in any particular order, just as I remember them!
As I find/think of more I will add them. Hopefully I will be able to find them all! 

  • Red Clover--found some but not enough to gather
  • Horsetail--found tons but didn't gather, since I had enough from last year
  • Nettle--super sad about this one! Couldn't find any.
  • Plantain--couldn't find any, but my sister in Tennessee gathered a bunch and sent me some
  • Birch--found and gathered!
  • Blueberries--found and!
  • Raspberries--found and gathered!
  • Raspberry leaves--found and gathered!
  • Strawberries--found the plants, but no berries
  • Strawberry leaves--found but didn't gather
  • Lingonberry--found and gathered!
  • Mint--didn't find
  • Rose hips--found and gathered
  • Goldenrod--found but didn't gather
  • Chokecherries--found and ate off tree :)
  • Yarrow--found and gathered
  • Cloudberry --found and gathered
  • Arnica--didn't find
  • Wild Chamomile--found and gathered
  • Labrador Tea--found and gathered
  • Spruce Tips--found and gathered
  • Mossberry--found and gathered

Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)