Monday, July 22, 2013

Laundry Soap (updated version)

As it just so happens I have found a new homemade laundry detergent recipe that I love even better than my last one. Pretty much because it's super easy and takes up less space! No need for a 5 gallon bucket which always seemed a little ridiculous to me. 

I really honestly love this soap and it's been cleaning our clothes just dandy! And keep in mind my husband loves dirt! :)

Laundry Soap 

3 Tbs. borax
3 Tbs. washing soda
3 Tbs. liquid castile soap (I prefer orange or unscented)
4 cups hot water
25 drops lemon essential oil (optional--or whatever scent you prefer)
12 cups of cold water

Stir together the first 4 ingredients until dissolved. Pour into a gallon sized container. Add in remaining water and essential oils. That's it folks! No grating, no waiting, just mix and go! :)

I started putting mine in this handy spigot container. It tends to separate a little so I give it a good shake before each use. Looks like I need to make some more myself!


Makes 1 gallon. Use about 1/2 to 1 cup per load depending on the size of load and dirt level. :) 

I have a H.E. washer and this soap works just fine and dandy for it. 

If you make it, let me know what you think! 


Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)