Monday, July 29, 2013

Salmon, Moose and Glaciers, Oh My! Part 2

Continuing on from my previous post, the trip back was even more beautiful, if that's at all possible. It was the same road, but a totally different view. 

The first incredible view was coming around a bend and BAM! There's this incredible glacier. Biggest, closest most amazing glacier I've ever seen. 



Is that not incredible?! 





But then it gets better. We drive around the bend and BAM again...a moose. In front of a glacier. In a meadow. Surrounded by wildflowers. Pretty much took my breath away.



Isn't that insane? I know, I know, pictures just can't do it justice. But trust me. It was amazing.



So doot de doo we drive along for, oh, say 10 minutes....and...



Another one! Right stinkin' by the road just eating away with not a care in the world. James named this one Bull on Fireweed. Long story.

All right, so I'm feeling pretty lucky at this point and then it just gets ridiculous. Cuz next thing we know there is ANOTHER one right in the middle of the road. 



I don't know if ya'll are gonna hate me if I keep going! But yes, we did see a 4th one. And this one was in an incredible muskeg that would have made another sweet photo op. However, I didn't spot it soon enough and James was tired of stopping. :)

How. Sad. Is. That. Too tired to stop for a moose cuz we saw so many! Eeek! But I love it. 

And there you have it! Salmon, moose and glaciers, oh my! Pretty much that was our weekend. :)

P.S. Who wants to visit Alaska, now???


Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!



2 comments:

  1. Why didn't you get out of the car and pet that little momma? Missed opportunities...

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)