Friday, August 9, 2013

Blueberries For Sal aka ME!


Well golly gee wiz. Blueberries!!! What do you think of that blue covered hill??? I'm in love. :)

Every year I feel more blessed because each place we've been for the last 3 years we've been able to pick wild blueberries. It's now turned into a bit of a tradition to pick blueberries around our anniversary. I love it! Not sure what I'm going to do when/if we move to a place that doesn't have wild ones. I will probably cry. 

James has only been able to go with me once this year because of his busy work schedule but it was on my birthday so that was pretty special. Buddy is my official blueberry picking, well, buddy. Haha. I can't decide if he loves raspberry picking or blueberry picking better. They are at different places and he loves to explore both of them. 


Mmm a little piece of heaven on that thar hill! :)

Anyhow, the first time we went it was with a friend and her puppy dog who loooves to eat blueberries. At that point Buddy was innocent to the delicacies of berries. He's not allowed to eat people food. Well James found it extremely hilarious that the other dog ate the berries so he fed some to Buddy. 

Yea.

Quick learner.

He now eats them as fast as he can like it's his last meal.

Here's the proof:


video

So far he has yet to eat out of my bucket which is a pretty darn good thing for him! Generally he finds his own bushes and goes to town. I'm surprised he hasn't made himself sick. 

Hahahaha so this is probably not something you ever wanted to know, but James is now paying for his bright idea cuz, well, the yard is now scattered with berry poop that he gets to clean up. 


That's about a gallon and a half right there. My whole
house smells like berries after picking them. Yum!

Picking blueberries has turned into a bit of an addiction for me. I keep saying we have enough, but continue to go back for more. It's free food from God, people! These things are amazing!! My goal is to pick enough berries and preserve enough summer fruit either via canning, freezing or dehydrating so that I won't have to buy fruit all winter long.

Total so far I have 8 gallons of blueberries and 4 gallons of raspberries. Hoping to get more raspberries and not sure about the blueberries. The season is almost over which makes me very sad. We'll see if I can squeeze in another little trip up there.

Cheers to blueberries! 



Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!



2 comments:

  1. Great blog!! Finley's fault, sorry:) And yes, blueberry picking is a blast!! Are there still some up in our spot? Or have you gone other places?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. I. am. jealous.
    That's all I have to say about that.

    Actually, I am very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)