Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Chocolate Mossberry Muffins


My first batch of mossberry muffins got the "Eh, they taste really healthy" kinda comments from my husband. Surprisingly he grew to like them so he gets kudos because I honestly thought they were kinda gross. Haha.

Then I got the genius idea to pair the berries with chocolate to give them some nice flavor. Oh yea, baby. That was the answer.

P.S. Fear not! If you have no access to mossberries substitute raspberries...or any kind of berry. But I'm thinking chocolate raspberry muffins sound pretty stinkin' delicious.

And so I give you my very own...

Chocolate Mossberry Muffin
Print recipe here

1/4 cup melted butter
3 eggs
1/3 cup pure maple syrup (honey would probably work)
2 cups almond flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup mossberries

Preheat your oven to 350*.

Mix together the butter, eggs and maple syrup till nice and combined. 

Then stir in the remaining ingredients except the berries. Mix until no more clumps remain. 

Finally, add in the mossberries. Haha, most berry recipes say gently fold in the berries...but these suckers are awesome and don't squish! 




Anyway.

Put them in either lined or greased muffin tins. This should yield about 12 regular sized muffins. 

Bake for about 25-30 minutes. 

And there you have it! A delicious and nutritious morning breakfast full of protein and antioxidants. Couldn't be any better, I say.



Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!




3 comments:

  1. I love your posts...they are so YOU!! I'm going to give these a try, will let you know the results!! Of course, no mossberries, but my favorite fruit, raspberries will go in! Thanks... love ya, M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bethany... I made these today... delish... you didn't mention how many muffins the recipe made... I got 12 regular size muffins... also you didn't mention the length of time for baking.. I baked mine at 350 for about 27 min. I could have taken them out a minute or so sooner, I think. Also, I live at 4600 feet, so for those at sea level or lower, the time might be slightly different. They were yummy... I used fresh raspberries...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you liked them! I can't wait to try them with raspberries in them, too. Sounds super good to me. The amount of muffins and time to bake is way at the end of the article. Underneath the last picture. Maybe I should move it...

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)