Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Vintage Photo & Message Frame


Awhile ago I showed you how I made an awesome necklace holder from a barnwood frame my dad made. I've now used a few more of these frames and used them as little hangers for pictures. 

Here's what I mean...





So instead of using it as a picture frame it's a picture hanger or something. I need a good name for this. Any ideas?? (*A lovely lady helped me come up with a better name...yay!)

It's so easy to do and I just love the casual rustic look of these. And...who noticed the buttons?! :)






The trickiest part for me was aging the clothespins. I'm still not happy with them. Do any of you have good ideas for making them look more aged and rustic?? Maybe I should use stain and sandpaper...

To make you will need...

  1. Any picture frame(s) you love (mine is an 8x10)
  2. Black hardware wire--24 gauge worked well
  3. Small black screws
  4. Screwdriver
  5. Wire cutter
  6. Buttons, gems, pendants, any fun things you like
  7. Miniature clothespins
  8. Burlap flower :) I made mine miniature.

To make...
  1. Decide where you want the wire to be placed--you can go with one, two or more. I went with two.
  2. Partially screw in the screws.
  3. Cut your wire to length.
  4. Now string on your buttons wherever you would like them. I found it helpful to have everything I was going to use right there and make a mock-up first before I put it all in place. Some of the buttons might need a dab of hot glue to keep them from spinning.
  5. Now wrap each end of the wire around the screws. Leave a tiny bit of slack or it looks too rigid.
  6. Screw in the little screws a little tighter to secure the wire.
  7. Hang your little pictures with the clothespins.
  8. BAM. You're done. :)

Now go make one! So fun. And bonus--you get to hang more than one picture per frame. I'm all about that. But actually I didn't with these ones. But you could. Hey! They're flexible. 


Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!


5 comments:

  1. This is awesome (especially God's word!)
    I have lots of old frames! What a creative use for them.
    A name? Vintage Frame Message Center or something like that :)
    Blessings to you as you make your home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you so much!! And I love the name! I honestly think I'm going to rename it right now, if you don't mind!! My brain just couldn't come up with anything, and the vintage part just makes it sound so cool. Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Please do rename it!
    I don't mind :)
    I'd be flattered!
    Blessings to you as you make your home!


    [image: photo]
    Leslie Ann Hoyt
    Organizing Staging Redesign
    *•* Goodbye House, Hello Home *•* www.goodbyehousehellohome.com



    [image: Facebook] [image: Twitter] [image: Blogger] [image:
    Blog RSS] [image: pinterest] Get a signature like this. CLICK HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bethany, I am so glad you connected with Leslie. :) She has a great blog too.


    These are very cute! Maybe now that I am empty nested I will have time to get back to crafting, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You better warn Dad! These things might go viral and he'll have to make more frames. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)