Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Coconut Whipping Cream

Whether you can't have milk products, don't like milk products, or just love coconut, here is a lovely little option for you. Just in time for all the fall drinks that are popping up! 

I don't make this very often, but it's a delicious treat when I do. In general, I am not a coconut lover but this stuff is quite delicious. I can only imagine how a coconut lover would swoon over it. :)


Coconut Milk Whipped Cream

1 can coconut milk (NOT lite. You want the fat!)
Pinch of stevia 
Splash of vanilla extract

Place coconut milk in fridge to solidify. Once solidified be sure not to shake it when you open the can. 


 


You want to carefully pour off the clear "juice" and leave the creamy white part.



Pour off the juice like so.


Scoop that lovely thick cream into a bowl. 


I didn't use all of it, because I just wanted a single serving

Then basically whip it like you would whipping cream! I added a touch of stevia to sweeten it, and some vanilla extract as well. Just whip it for a short while till it resembles whipped cream. It doesn't take too long.
Here is what you should have...



Plop it on your drink and enjoy! 

I originally started making this when I was working hard at balancing the pH of my body. (I was super acidic and my immune system wasn't functioning properly.) This stuff is a pretty good substitute for ol' fashioned whipping cream which is acidic. But I love it anyway. Shoot. 

For a fun variation try adding a tablespoon or two of cocoa powder. I'm thinking chocolate coconut whipping cream would be a delicious snack right now...hmmm....cupboard scrounging here I come!

Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!



1 comment:

  1. Funny girl -- cupboard scrounging. Love it! I'd seen this somewhere else but have never tried it....but maybe that's because I get all that good cream on top of my fresh farm milk....AND because we don't often have a need for whipping cream around here (you know, trying to watch our figures, lol!) But I may be doing some brain scrounging to figure out how I could best make use of this in something this week.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)