Friday, October 18, 2013

Almond Poppy Seed Bread


This is currently James favorite breakfast bread. We even joked that maybe he should take a break from it so if he had to do a random drug test at work he wouldn't show positive for opium. 

Seriously! I went on snopes.com to check out if that can happen. Apparently it can. Not to freak you out or anything. :) James is still eating his poppy seed bread...although now that it's pumpkin season that will be changing soon. 

Then he will be able to pass those random drug tests with flying colors! Haha.

Okay. Enough on the poppy seed jokes.

It really is delicious bread. And another one that I make for James' breakfast. He apparently doesn't like the lemon poppy seed version. It's all about the almond extract for him, baby! 

Almond Poppyseed Bread

Print recipe here

  • 1/2 cup sugar (sucanat, white, whatever)
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup yogurt
  • 1 cup almond flour
  • 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 2 Tbs. poppy seeds 
  • 2 tsp. almond extract
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract


I love my recipes. Only because they are more like ingredients. And then you just mix. And bake. And eat. 

But cuz this is a blog and I should probably be more technical...

Mix together all the wet ingredients first. Fold in the dry ones. Stir in the poppy seeds. (See how much more technical that was...oh gosh. Probably should work on that...haha.)

Grease one loaf pan, or in my case, 3 mini loaf pans, or even muffin tins. Totally flexible. 

Pour in the batter.

Bake at 350* for 25-35 minutes. Probably more if you do it in a full sized loaf. And probably less if you make muffins.

That's it! Next time I make this I want to try using chia seeds instead of the poppy seeds. Haha, noooo not because of the drug testing. Honest to goodness I thought of this idea before that whole joke started. 

It would just be healthy! Not sure how James will react.

Ah well. Once I find out I will let ya'll know! Or if you try it first, let ME know!

(James would appreciate not being the guinea pig for once.) 



Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!







1 comment:

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)