Friday, October 25, 2013

Butterball

Re-enacting the moment :)
This is more of an embarrassing moment than a blooper, but I almost repeated the incident recently so thought I'd share my pathetic moment. :)

I only have one witness to my knowledge, which is something to be grateful for. 

A long long time ago...

...Nearly 3 entire years...

...I was apparently desperate for sugar. Unbeknownst to myself.

I was at a wedding with my new husband and in-laws. Joe (my teenage brother-in-law) and I were checking out the reception hall, finding our table and generally just snooping. I have no idea where my husband was. But he probably should have been watching out for me and my lack of social skills. Because even a teenage boy had more decorum than I did.

As I said, we were checking out the lovely table arrangements (okay, I was. Pretty sure Joe was not interested in the beautiful floral arrangements) when my eye caught sight of this bowl of delicious looking mints. 

I am a sucker for mints.

These were big, and round, and luscious looking.

They were also a pale yellow.

And sitting next to some buns.

But considering I'm generally an optimistic person and occasionally a sugar ravaging monster I shrieked with delight. Before Joe could even react to my excitement my little hand shot out, greedily grabbed one and popped it into my mouth. 

I'm not totally sure of the order of events in the next few moments. However, it did involve me gagging on pure butter fat, Joe pointing and laughing at me, and finding a trash can as quickly as possible.

So yea. Next time you attend a wedding reception...

...THE LITTLE YELLOW BALLS ARE NOT MINTS. THEY ARE BUTTERBALLS.

I think I need to get out more. Or just stay home.


Bethany
|










2 comments:

  1. HILARIOUS! I don't think I remember ever hearing this story. You are quite brave to share it publicly. I can just see and hear the whole thing, lol! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahahahaha! You poor girl...

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)