Monday, October 28, 2013

Ladies Retreat!

I was super blessed earlier this month to be able to go on a ladies retreat with a group of women from my church. Not only did I get to know these women better, but I saw Anchorage for the first time!

The retreat was at a ski resort outside of Anchorage. Very classy and fun. :) Because of the mountains and how the resort was situated it reminded me of the Swiss Alps. That and the Sound of Music. I believe we broke out in song a few times. :)


(Play while reading to get the full affect of this post. Haha) 


This is on the drive to the retreat. BEAUTIFUL drive along the coast. (Kinda. More like an inlet...) If you want, the passenger train goes right through there!



Our lovely retreat nestled in a little valley. So beautiful. James and I want to go back and ski sometime. I will stay on the bunny hill. It frankly looks terrifying. 



I think my favorite part of the weekend was taking this tram up the mountain. Incredible view. 



Well hello! :)



I loved the contrast between the snow capped mountains and the mountain still covered with green grass.

We were super lucky to have such a sunny day. I guess it's usually cloudy up there...but man, we hit it just right. 



A few of the crazy ladies I went with. :) Lots of fun!

Another good time we had was going to an Oktoberfest...did a little polka and everything! :)

The only bummer was not seeing any animals on the drive. But it was a good time and I even laughed till I cried.

Cheers for beautiful mountains that give me such a sense of awe and amazement for our Creator. And wonderful women to share it with. 


Bethany
|


2 comments:

  1. Dear Bethany,
    How fortunate you are to be up in such natural beauty! Thanks for sending the amazing pictures. Looks like you had a great time. The tram ride must have been awesome!!
    Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsers, that is some beautiful scenery! Glad you were able to go. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)