Monday, October 14, 2013

Purifying Room Spray


I could give you one hundred different recipes for room sprays with even more ingredients. But I won't. Because I'm on a mission to simplify.

So yes! This is another way to use the thieves essential oil blend. Check out that post for more information on the benefits of it and how to make your own. 

This room spray is specific for colds and the flu, but I plan on using it all year around because the scent is so pleasant to me. Spraying this around your house, on your couch, on your bed, pillow, carpet, etc. is a great way to kill pathogens floating around while at the same time making your house smell delicious. 


Purifying Room Spray:


Mix both ingredients together and store in, preferably, a glass or aluminum spray bottle. (Essential oils can sometimes eat away at plastic.) Remember to shake well before spraying.

Then whenever you feel the need, just go around with your little spray bottle and spritz anything that needs freshening. Mmmm yum!

Note: You can use plain purified water for this if you wish. However, the essential oils stay suspended longer in the hydrosol which allows them to disperse better. Personally I like the smell of the lilac with the thieves oil the best.


Now you not only have a delicious smelling house, but you have peace of mind knowing that your little room spray is actually keeping the bad guys away. 

Optional:
  • If you don't care for essential oils, or don't currently have the thieves blend, you really could use the actual herbs. What I would do is place a few lemon slices, a couple cinnamon sticks, some cloves, a little rosemary and some eucalyptus in a pint jar. Cover with vodka and allow this to infuse for a few weeks. Strain everything off and you should have your room spray! I personally have not tried this but I'm sure it would totally work. :)

Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)