Monday, November 4, 2013

Vanilla Orange Fruit Glaze


Oh man. If you eat this stuff just once, you will be addicted.

At least James and I are. 

It is now almost a staple in our house. Weird, I know, but it's so delicious and easy! Because of how many wild raspberries and blueberries I picked over the summer, we pretty much eat berries at every supper. This sauce is our favorite way to eat them. Just pull the berries out of the freezer, put a dash of this stuff on and it tastes like summer in my belly. :) 

Ingredients:
Print recipe here

  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup sugar
  • zest of 1 organic orange
  • juice of that orange
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract


Combine everything in a small sauce pan on medium heat. Bring to a boil and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Reduce the heat and allow the mixture to simmer for about 10 minutes. 

Bottle it up and store in the fridge!! I know there is a lot of sugar in here, but you really don't use much of they syrup. One batch lasts us a couple weeks. It stores really well.



Adapted from the original recipe found here.


Bethany
|




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)