Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Pain Away Birch Spray


I was going to write an elaborate post on pain, but decided that when someone IS in pain, pretty sure they don't want me yappin' in their face.

All I'm going to tell you is this pain spray that I created is quite a useful tool when it comes to tension headaches, sore muscles, tensed up muscles, etc. 

James compares it to ICY HOT. 

**Warning: This can sting for a few seconds after application. We've determined it has alot to do with how open your pores are. Just keep that in mind before applying. Blow through the pain, baby, it will cease! But seriously, if you do have highly sensitive skin you may wish to leave out the clove oil as that can be very irritating to certain people. 

Pain Away Spray

  • 4 oz vodka
  • 30 drops Birch essential oil
  • 20 drops Peppermint essential oil
  • 5 drops Clove essential oil
  • 10 drops Grapefruit essential oil


Directions to Make:


Pour everything into a 4 ounce spray bottle. I would recommend either an aluminum spray bottle or a glass spray bottle. Essential oils can eat through plastic, plus the essential oils can leach out of the plastic thereby making your potion less potent. 

Directions for Use:


Shake before using. Spray directly onto the skin and allow it to dry for a few seconds before allowing clothing to come into contact with it. 

**The reason I use the vodka is simply because it evaporates so fast. I find it highly inconvenient to wait for water to evaporate. I'm pretty impatient like that. :) Not only that, but essential oils tend to disperse better in alcohol than they do in water. Totally feel free to experiment with water if you prefer not to use the vodka, though. 

More Information:

These are just some of the benefits of the essential oils I chose. There are, of course, many other wonderful oils you could use, but these seem to work well for us. 

Birch) 
  • Powerful analgesic specifically for muscles and joints
  • Anti-inflammatory

Peppermint) 
  • Powerful analgesic also for muscles and joints
  • Calming to the head which means it can be helpful in fighting migraines and headaches
  •  Works as a stimulant to the nervous system which can counteract fatigue and mental strain
  • Anti-inflammatory

Clove)
  • Very powerful analgesic particularly for muscles and joints
  • Uplifting and stimulating to the brain; helps counteract headaches and lethargy

Grapefruit)
  • Very uplifting which can be very welcoming during pain
  • Stimulates the lymphatic system which helps remove waste from the body

Bethany
|


Please know that I am affiliate of Mountain Rose Herbs & The Bulk Herb Store. If you choose to purchase something through one of my links I will make a nickel or two for which I am grateful.

**If you are unsure of where to purchase essential oils, I have found Mountain Rose Herbs and Garden Essential Oils to be reputable companies.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)