Saturday, November 15, 2014

Hand In The Sky


_MG_5858.JPG


Honestly, I’m hesitant to share these photos because their rich beauty is not even close to being portrayed. I am still in shock that I was able to witness the incredible show last night.


_MG_5859.JPG


Friends leaving our house gave us the heads up that the lights were out. James and I stepped onto our front porch and directly, I mean directly over our heads were the most incredible and breathtaking auroras. They were so close it was surreal.


_MG_5860.JPG


In the past when I’ve seen videos of auroras dancing and flowing I truly thought they time-lapsed them. But no. They flow like water and shoot like stars and waft like clouds.


_MG_5861.JPG


The image I have in my head is of God in heaven running his finger through the sky and swirling it around to create the auroras. Sometimes He swirls them slowly, barely perceivable and other times He twirls and spins and creates a fast paced live artwork. That was last night.


_MG_5862.JPG


When we first walked out on the porch we even saw red auroras. Sadly, by the time I got the camera set up they were gone. Such are the lights. God switches them on. And then off. Suddenly. Without warning. I was out there taking pictures as fast as I could, but it wasn’t fast enough. They moved so fast. First they’d be in front of me flowing like a river, then I’d see shots of light behind me.


_MG_5863.JPG


I debated even taking pictures. Because how do you truly capture the beauty of God. We can’t. Because part of the beauty is the experience. It’s living the moment. And feeling the magic of God’s hand in the sky.


_MG_5864.JPG


Maybe your experience of God’s beauty will be something else in the world. His beauty is limitless. Last night, mine was simply the auroras.


_MG_5857.JPG


Bethany
|


4 comments:

  1. Bethany, thank you for sharing your images and your thoughts and descriptions... I've always wanted to see an aurora show, what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing that you saw these and were able to capture pictures. For those of us who don't get to experience auroras in real life, these are simply beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed them! This show was absolutely mind-blowing. I truly didn't realize how amazing the auroras were until that night. God is very creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was an incredible show! I really hope you'll be able to come up sometime and see them!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)