Sunday, January 10, 2016

French Vanilla Coffee Creamer


Ahh. The traditional vanilla latte. So delicious in all it's simpleness, I could probably drink this one straight. But that would be gross, so I won't. Ha! 

For a full list of all my homemade coffee creamers click here

Sweetened Condensed Milk:
  • 1/2 cup very hot water
  • 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2/3 cup powdered milk
  • 2/3 cup coconut sugar
Pour all the above ingredients into a blender and blend briefly until combined. I find it blends the best if you add the hot water and melted coconut oil in first. Once it's all mixed together add in the following and briefly blend again:

Flavor:
  • 12 ounces coconut milk
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 vanilla bean (split it down the middle and use just the caviar)
Once everything is blended nicely, store in a glass jar (quart masons works well) and place in the fridge. Not exactly sure on the shelf life because I generally drink mine up within 2 weeks. 

This makes a super delightful, rich and creamy coffee creamer. Some of the substitutions you can make are as follows but bear in mind that these substitutions will alter the taste/consistency/nutrition. Not necessarily a bad thing, just letting you know!

Sweetened condensed milk:
  • Store bought sweetened condensed milk
Coconut oil substitutions:
  • Butter
  • Non-dairy butter
Powdered milk substitutions:
  • Powdered rice milk 
  • Powdered coconut milk
(I have not personally tried these, I'm just guessing they would work!)

Coconut sugar substitutions:
  • Regular cane sugar
  • Organic cane sugar
  • Brown sugar
Coconut milk substitutions:
  • Milk (your choice, dairy or non dairy)
  • Heavy whipping cream 


I'm sure there are other substitutions you could make if you so desire, these are just a few options to get you started. 

I hope you enjoy and cheers to a delicious cup of coffee!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)